MultiChoice on Saturday said that the demolition of a building that is of safety concern has nothing to do with the ongoing civil, arbitral and criminal cases.
In a statement, MultiChoice said that their attention had been drawn to an Advertisers Notice put out by Cementers Limited on social media.
According to the company, the proposed MultiChoice Kenya Offices of which Cementers Limited was the contractor, are being demolished pursuant to Enforcement Notices issued by the County Government of Nairobi condemning the said building and requiring its immediate demolition due to safety concerns.
“As a law abiding citizen, MultiChoice Kenya is complying with the said Notice in cooperation with and assistance of the relevant authorities. The exercise is being carried out with utmost professionalism and care to the workers involved and the communities neighbouring the site,” the statement read in part.
It added that the Building is not an exhibit in any of the ongoing civil, arbitral and criminal cases between the parties.
“We note the use of deliberately misleading media statements to misrepresent our lawful compliance with this demolition order to cast aspersions on MultiChoice Kenya, these claims are strongly denied and have no basis in fact,” it said.
“This demolition has nothing to do with the ongoing legal matter between MultiChoice Kenya and Cementers Ltd. The demolition of the building is not subject to those proceedings and any false accusations made against MultiChoice Kenya are libelous and will be addressed through legal recourse.”