Africa’s leading tech-enabled automotive trading platform that meets the needs of end-users and dealers is making its presence felt in Kenya just a year after it was launched.
Their tech-enabled approach provides users with a platform that is built on trust, transparency and convenience.
Using its technology-enabled platform, consumers in Kenya can sell their cars directly through Cars45 and get paid in 45 minutes.
Sellers have access to standardised pricing and a transparent marketplace, with 100 percent visibility into price offers, and buyers get access to the largest selection of verified cars.
Cars45 also provide vehicle financing, background checks, vehicle history, insurance, after-sales support, servicing and other ancillary services that consumers will need in their automotive lifecycle.
For dealers, they provide an effective and efficient structure that empowers them to improve customer experience through value-added services such as background checks, vehicle financing, insurance and in turn boost their business prospects.
Cars45 empowers an African revolution in terms of how people buy and sell their cars and provide all the security and comfort that one’s heart desires when looking to either, buy, sell or trade-in/swap your car in Kenya.
They have a 212-point inspection system that helps individuals know the true condition of their cars and enables individuals to make informed decisions.
From Nairobi to Mombasa, commercial mobility has been significantly impacted positively by technology as evidenced by the growing adoption and usage of ride-hailing and ride-sharing platforms.
Sadly, conversations about how one can innovate and introduce more technology to the automotive industry as a whole barely get any airtime.
Thier main offices and the first branch to ever open shop is located at Lavington and their other branch along Langata Road. They are currently in the process of opening another branch along Kiambu Road and the other in Mombasa.
90 percent of their primary focus is on locally used cars, with the remaining 10 percent on fresh imports to meet our fresh imports client demands.
According to Cars45, as a result of the impact of Covid-19 and the work from home directive, there was a reduction in movement and hence not much need for vehicles.
On the flip side a lot of people lost their jobs and their means of livelihood, and this created a demand for cash that led them to selling their vehicles.
Thus having more vehicles on sale and less demand to buy.
As time went by and the gradual opening of the economy, demand for vehicles started to increase as people saw the need to protect themselves from covid by buying vehicles to avoid crowded bus stages and matatus.
This was also buttressed with the reopening of schools with parents buying vehicles for school runs to protect children from crowded school busses. Hence an increase in demand for buying vehicles.
“We have engaged with about 853 clients with the age of 25-50 from January till March 2021 at our locations and marketing activations. Our analysis of the feedback shows that 90% of every young individual starting up life at the age of 25 desires to purchase a vehicle for ease of movement and a status symbol. As they grow older and start to have families only then do they feel the need to purchase a house,” they added.